Below are some links that I have found in the course of research for my St. Francis Anachron™. It is by no means extensive, and probably won’t be updated as often as we’d like, but please feel free to share your own interesting spots. Just fill in the form below. pb
National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi beautiful and informative, with music, prayers and other resources
- Francis, Lover of All Creation Beautiful, interesting and fun. Includes St. Francis and Peace; St. Francis, Peace and the Muslims; Peace Prayer of St. Francis; message board; St. Francis and the Animals; Personal Pet Stories; Animal Blessings (American Catholic)
- Franciscan Info and Tidbits from the order of the Friars Minor
- Biographical information from: Catholic Encyclopedia
- Travel Info Italy Single-page biography with several beautiful images
- Third Order Franciscans are * Women and Men * Single and Married * Ordained and Lay * Wage-earning or Retired * Young and Old Leading ordinary lives… * In city, town, and countryside Called to follow Francis by… * Making Christ known and loved everywhere * Spreading the spirit of love and unity in the whole world * Living simply
- Prayers and Songs of St. Francis
- Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace…This beautiful prayer, attributed to St. Francis, probably was not written by him….find the prayer and facts…
- God’s Troubadour an eclectic personal web site by “Gloriana” offering a wealth of information not only on Francis, but other things as well.
- Sri Swami Sivananda offers view of Francis from an Ashram in India
Catholic Conservation Center (Saint Kateri Tekakwitha) Promotes ecology, environmental justice, and the stewardship of creation…features a collection of writings and documentation about the environment from a variety of Roman Catholic sources.
- Center of Concern envisions a world in which every woman, man and child can survive, thrive, and contribute back to our communities, enhancing life for all who share the planet. Through research, analysis, networking, public education and advocacy, the Center works to advance more just, sustainable and authentically human development for all, especially for the marginalized and those in poverty.
- Co-Op America offers practical resources for using consumer and investor power for social change.
- NCCJ (National Conference for Community and Justice) Vision: To make our nation a better place for all of us. Not just some of us.
For many links about animals, please visit our St. Roch (patron saint of dogs) and St. Gertrude (patron saint of cats)…and St. Melangell, (rabbits and small animals, the natural environment)… St Gobnait (aka Abigail, Deborah) (bees)… St. Eligius (horses) ….St. Kevin (naturalists, crows)